What is Conservation?
A careful preservation and protection of something; especially planned management
of a natural resource to prevent exploitation, destruction or neglect. - Webster's
To provide opportunities for AMC members to become more informed about the environment
and work for the health of our natural resources.
Enhance knowledge and enjoyment of the natural environment.
Stay informed about the issues facing the natural environment today.
- Advocate for the environment through a variety of activities.
Outdoor experiential and informative activities for youth and adults.
Hikes with naturalists.
All activities are free of charge, unless otherwise noted on the schedule
- All activities are open to the general public
How Do I Get Involved in Conservation?
- Attend the activities!
- Bring ideas to planning meetings!
- Get involved in your local conservation efforts by calling your town or city hall
and ask when the Conservation Commission meets.
- Get involved in "Conservation Action Network" (CAN).
Click to reveal eMail
AMC Conservation Resources
Protecting the Northeast Outdoors